You probably know that the foods we eat can impact our energy levels, weight and health, but did you know that the foods you and your child eat can impact sleep as well. Take a look at your diet, and make sure they include some of these foods!
1) Almonds: This healthy nut is a great source of magnesium, a nutrient that is important for good quality sleep.
2) Lettuce: This healthy, leafy green vegetable is a great source of lactucarium, which gives sedative qualities, and can help one fall to sleep.
3) Cherries: This fruit is good for boosting melatonin, which is essential for good sleep.
4) Tuna and Salmon: These fishes are high in Vitamin B6, which help produce both melatonin and serotonin, important for sleep and a feeling of wellbeing.
5) Chicken and Turkey: Most Americans know that after eating a lot of Turkey at Thanksgiving, you fall asleep quickly! Poultry is a great source of tryptophan, and can make it easier to fall asleep.
6) Rice: Research has shown that rice can help people fall asleep faster, unlike pasta or bread, which can hurt sleep.
7) Leafy Greens: Vegetables like kale and spinach have a great amount of calcium, and are a far healthier source for the mineral than milk! Calcium is important for producing melatonin.
8) Hummus: Chickpeas are a great source of tryptophan, which is important for sleep.
If your baby is having trouble getting to sleep, contact Melissa to learn more.